The main purpose of our transportation service is to serve staff and visitors for official purposes. There are in total 8 drivers (operating 9 UM vehicles including one 24-seater bus, one 17-seater bus and one lorry) serving the transportation needs of all academic and administrative units.
General Guidelines for the Use of UM vehicles are as follows:
1. Use of UM vehicles and drivers must be for official purposes only.
2. Transportation service will be provided to staff and visitors on the following basis:
- To attend official meetings in the name of the University
- To make official overseas trips in the name of the University
- To receive University’s visitors
- Special requests approved by Head of Security and Transport Section
3. All requests must be raised through UM Car Reservation System at least one working day in advance. For access right to the system, please send request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Car reservation can be made up to 7 days in advance.
4. All transportation requests must bear the approval of Deans, Masters of College, Unit Heads or Delegates.
5. Deans, Masters of Colleges and Units Heads have the priority to use transportation service over other colleagues.
6. Under normal circumstances, provision of services is on first-come-first-served basis and is subject to availability of vehicles and drivers.
7. All requests must go through Security and Transport Section and requests for services made directly with drivers will not be accommodated.
8. Drivers will deliver transportation service to users according to the date, time and destinations shown on the UM Car Request Form. When waiting time exceeds 20 minutes, Security and Transport Section reserves the right to cancel the car reservation and arrange another transportation task to the driver.
9. It is highly encouraged to avoid requesting for UM transportation service outside office hours.
10. For transportation service requests that fall outside office hours, advanced reservation must be made during office hours and is subject to the approval of Head of Security and Transport Section or Delegate.
11. For cases when transportation service cannot be arranged due to full bookings of vehicles and drivers, requesters may arrange own means of transportation. Please note that reimbursement of such transportation fee is subject to the approval and availability of fund of the concerned unit.
Please contact Security and Transport Section (STS) through email: email@example.com , or call us at +853 8822 8652 for information.